1. HABERLER

  2. NEWS İN ENGLİSH

  3. Village institutes closed in 1954
Village institutes closed in 1954

Village institutes closed in 1954

The village institute, is the type of school opened on 17 April 1940 and Law No.

A+A-

The village institute, is the type of school opened on 17 April 1940 and Law No. 3803 to train primary school teachers in Turkey. Completely Hasan Ali on December 28, 1938 the Minister of Education, the educational project which is unique to Turkey Yucel was directed personally. The idea was championed by the village institute in Turkey for the first time an American educational philosopher John Dewey. Dewey emphasized that schools, especially in rural areas, should be turned into community life centers. Adapting to local conditions in Turkey's schools were the essence of the problem of educational philosophy. The Village Institutes were designed to fulfill John Dewey's idea of ​​combining work and education. Graduates were expected to be both school teachers and community educators at the same time. Students actually consider their own schools, homes, barracks, workplaces, etc. they built it and fused production and education by building and living together. Between 1940 and 1946, 15 thousand decares of land were made suitable for agriculture and production was made in the village institutes. In the same period, 750 thousand new saplings were planted. The amount of vineyards created was 1,200 decares. In addition, 150 large construction, 60 workshops, 210 teachers' houses, 20 practice schools, 36 warehouses and warehouses, 48 ​​barns and haystacks, 12 power plants, 16 water tanks, 12 agricultural tanks, 3 fisheries, 100 km. road had been made. Irrigation channels were created and irrigation water was brought by the students to the farms where institute students received practical training. The Village Institute practice continued until Hasan Âli Yücel left the Ministry of National Education in 1946. Reşat Şemsettin Sirer, who became the Minister of National Education after Hasan Âli Yücel, was transformed into Village Teacher Training Schools. These schools were closed on January 27, 1954 during the Democrat Party period.


HABERE YORUM KAT